I reactivated my OKCupid profile last week because… . why exactly… ? Well, I know why, I am a human being who needs companionship and affection. But a few days in I am remembering all too clearly the feeling of hypersensitive aimless doomy resignation that accompanies scrolling through and judging lists of people like Seamlessweb restaurant options.
Tonight’s beneficiaries of the ‘hide’ button:
- “I’ve got seventy pairs of shoes”
- “watching how I met your mother as I write this”
- “Director of Business Development for a financial technology firm in the hedge fund space and love my job and work great hours.”
- “I love to laugh!”
- What I’m doing with my life: ”Living it!” :)
- also, “living it lol”
- “Love going out to dinner and drinks, especially during the week”
- “I’m creative in any way I can be, and always going after new skills and trades to expand myself - and really sync with others looking to do the same. “
- anyone who listed “The Tipping Point” or “The Four-Hour Workweek” in their favorite books (easily a dozen)
- (picture of subject in a pool talking on his cel)
- Q: What is the most private thing you are willing to admit? A: ”I was born a poor black child.” (guy is none of those things)
I’m going to do something uplifting now, like watch a Darren Aronofsky film.
I agree with you about everything except the guy who “was born a poor black child” is quoting The Jerk, which is a fantastic movie, and you should probably marry him as a favor to me because he and I would totally get along.