Beyond making the reader countenance the rituals of sex, pornography in literature introduces the question of violence—systemic, bodily, and otherwise. What’s more, Maidenhead confronts its characters and readers with the possibility that they might find this violence, regardless of context, erotic.
Reblogged from Emily Books
- marginalutilite likes this
- dirtysmellyhair likes this
- luria-p likes this
- drinkingpleasure reblogged this from emilygould
- loganmsachon likes this
- notveryraven likes this
- drinkingpleasure likes this
- areyouoverityet likes this
- othernotebooksareavailable likes this
- corduroypantalones likes this
- fdfaumders likes this
- emilygould reblogged this from emilybooks
- emilybooks posted this
That moment when your coworker pops over to your computer and you've just Googled "heart merkin"
I’m reading a book, something I don’t do with as much frequency as I used to, and I keep checking...
Making Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
The 10-weeks rotation of General Surgery has finally ended...
“It suddenly occurred to me that the hottest tech start-ups are solving all the problems of being...”