Please? I think I might be freaking out,” he says. “Am I ruining my life here, or what? Am I making a mistake? Jo?” He breathes raggedly and sniffs into the receiver for a moment, then hangs up with a muffled clatter.
Caroline stares at the machine as if it’s a copperhead.
“Holy fuckoly,” she says, shaking her head. “You’re living with this crap?
seriously: The Fourth State of Matter , read/reread it (requisite warning about carving out a block of time and privacy, like, probably not a subway read)
- elanormcinerney reblogged this from emilygould
- notveryraven likes this
- idle-youth likes this
- ksquared likes this
- sara-lilly likes this
- exitclov likes this
- mariecalloway likes this
- italicsmine said: I love this essay.
- prenostalgia reblogged this from emilygould
- loganmsachon reblogged this from emilygould
- bennettmadison likes this
- butnotferdinand likes this
- paperrtiger likes this
- jvbrewer said: Just. wow.
- jvbrewer likes this
- michaelstandish likes this
- gloriaj likes this
- berezina likes this
- berezina said: Will do.
- printedinternet likes this
- emilygould posted this
“Reporters will look for the most sordid, and they find it without much difficulty because it is...”
“If there’s any dramatic tension, it’s between the subject’s warring notions of herself”
The Evening Interviews: Betty Tompkins
When you’re out on your next New York art excursion...
One Thing You Should Know About Being A Gay Man Before You Decide To Be One
1. Do not read “...